Update: The PS5 restock at GameStop today saw nearly one thousand people get a Sony console through the alerts of our 24/7 PS5 restock Twitter tracker Matt Swider.
Matt will send you a Twitter alert when the console is in stock in the US – if you follow his account and turn on notifications. He will also coach you through the entire process through a PS5 restock live stream. The big catch? You needed to be a Power Reward Pro member to buy the PS5 at first, and refresh the page a lot.
We’re tracking to see if the Walmart PS5 restock is next, as rumored, now that the GameStop restock is over. Here’s when and where to get it next.
- When? Follow our PS5 restock Twitter tracker Matt Swider for notifications and live restock news. It’s the fastest way to get real-time PS5 restock updates.
- Don’t buy from Twitter users – which are all scams. Only buy from the US stores Matt alerts you about. No legitimate person will sell a PS5 for just $550.
Trust and credibility: Matt Swider has helped over 55,000 people buy a next-gen console in recent weeks from stores in the US when PS5 restock opportunities last just a few minutes. How? With his tireless 24/7 tracking, in-stock Twitter alerts and exclusive restock reporting.
Click on this example of a prior GameStop PS5 restock to follow Matt Swider and turn on notifications (the little bell icon).
PS5 Disc and Digital stores (and last restock dates)
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital – (Wednesday, June 23 at 12:08am EDT)
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital – (Friday, June 18 at 11:30am EDT)
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital – (Thursday, June 17 at 3pm EDT)
- Sony Direct: PS5 | PS5 Digital (Thursday, June 17 at 5pm EDT)
- Target: PS5 |PS5 Digital (Wednesday, June 16 at 7:39am EDT)
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital – (Monday, June 29 at 10:44am EDT)
- Sam’s Club: PS5 | PS5 Digital (Friday, June 18 at 12:41am EDT)
- Newegg: Occasional PS5 bundle in Newegg Shuffle lottery along with GPU stock (Tuesday, June 22 at 11am EDT)
- Costco: PS5 bundles for members only (Thursday, June 24 at 10:47am EDT)
- Antonline: PS5 bundles (Friday, June 25 at 11:14am EDT)
PS5 restock news: GameStop is ready to restock today
The GameStop PS5 restock makes up for the fact that there was no Target PS5 restock this week, including this morning, July 1.
This may be the easiest PS5 restock yet if GameStop has enough inventory (it’s been 13 days since its last PS5 restock, so that’s a decent amount of time for the store to gain PS5 console stock). The reason? It become easier and easier to buy a PS5 and GameStop offers bundles.
Not everyone cares for PS5 bundles – it does drive up the price (though everything remains at face value) and some games aren’t for everyone – and this means that there will be fewer consumers vying for the GameStop PS5 restock today.
What time is the GameStop PS5 restock?
There’s an error in the official GameStop PS5 restock email from GameStop, which cites the time at 10am CST. It likely really means 10am CDT (we’re in daylight savings time, after all), and that converts to 11am EDT.
So in a few minutes, we should see GameStop add-to-cart buttons go live and the PS5 bundles begin to populate the retailer’s website. At first you’ll get messages that claim the inventory is unavailable but keep trying.
We’ll be on hand to dispense tips on Twitter and our PS5 restock YouTube channel.
GameStop restock guide: how to get the console
GameStop makes it rather difficult to buy the PS5, with many pitfalls. Based on our expertise involving PS5 restock retailers, here’s what you need to know in order to have a better shot at getting the Sony console today.
- Try to add to cart. If denied, refresh or toggle the warranty on and off
- But don’t over-refresh as GameStop will assume you’re a bot and ban you. Wait for the alert from Matt Swider and then start to refresh it every 30 minutes
- It’s bundles only, but that only increases your chances.
- It always happens in waves. The people who lose out are the ones who assume it’s out of stock within the first few minutes.
- Initially it’s for GameStop Pro members ($15 a year), but people have had luck using Apple Pay without a membership (they may have patched this)
We’ll keep this PS5 restock news updated as the console becomes available at GameStop today.